Maximise Your Bond Refund
Move Out Clean Checklist
The last thing you want to do before you leave one home to start another is clean out the old place. But unfortunately it must be done, so just throw on some tunes, grin and bear it. Alternatively if you are packing well in advance you could clean a room a day or hire Busy Bees Cleaning 🙂
If your place is just surface dirty and not damaged, how well you clean could be the difference between getting back your bond money that has been held hostage or not. A hassle free tenancy exit is key.
Here is a checklist of things not to forget as you prepare your home for its next occupants.
- Take all nails and screws out of the walls and ceiling and putty them smoothly
- Dust the ceiling fixtures & lights
- Dust all ledges & skirting boards
- Clean the windows – glass, frames, sills and tracks
- Clean the door knobs and doors and along the top ledge of door frame
- Clean all light switches and outlets
- Clean the walls and baseboards
- Vacuum Carpets – Recommend a professional carpet cleaner to remove stain and steam clean carpets. You could hire a carpet machine but it will take several hours and the results will be substandard.
- Get rid of all cobwebs.
- Get soap scum off the bathroom tiles and tub/shower and bleach the grout.
- Clean out the bathroom drawers and vanity, making sure you get all the hair out (and remove any liners).
- Clean the toilet, sink, counter top and finally the floor (sweep and mop). If the toilet seat is unsavory looking, replace it. You can buy a new one for less than $20 and easy to install.
- Clean the mirror perfectly – any marks on a mirror instantly makes the bathroom look like it has not been cleaned properly
Vacuum out the surface of the exhaust fan if super dusty and degrease if sticky from dust.
- Clean out all cabinets and drawers
- Wash the front of the cabinets.
- Clean and disinfect all countertops.
- Clean and shine up the sink and faucet.
- Scrub the refrigerator inside and out (if applicable). Remove all shelves and clean separately if necessary.
- Scrub the oven inside and out. Remove shelving, drip pans and burners. Use steel wool, it is your friend.
- Clean out the dishwasher if you have one.
- Clean exhaust fan if needed.
- Remove all appliances and sweep behind them.
Dust, sweep, vacuum and mop these empty rooms + complete cleaning as per ALL AREAS as above
Should be completely empty and swept and clean any windows. Clean windows make all the difference. You could have a room 100% perfectly cleaned but a dirty window will let the whole clean down.
Cut the grass.
Pull the weeds.
Remove all of your stuff that might be stuck in the ground or hanging in trees.
I recently quickly scrubbed the porch stairs to remove all of the grass stains — it looked a million times better
And the last thing you should do is mop from the furthest point out to the door. Say goodbye, lock it up and go get a drink!
Want to hire Busy Bees Cleaning to complete the exit clean? We guarantee the service, provide all cleaning supplies & equipment. We offer the full clean including: oven, windows & carpet cleaning.