Let us be 100% honest, there are cleaners and professional cleaners, is there a difference? In the industry there are plenty of good cleaners & there are the “cowboy cleaning service” usually offering cheap alternatives.
A cleaning business is easy to start, low start up costs and literally for $1000 you can start a “cleaning service” Buy a backpack commercial vacuum and Countdown (or Pak n Save) cleaning products and you are now ready to offer a cleaning service – right or wrong? Technically right but very wrong in many ways.
Now, this is where the difference rears its ugly head. There is more to cleaning that spray bottles and mops.
- Do they have Public Liability Insurance?
- Ministry of Justice Background Clearance?
- Do they understand the hygiene basics & systematic plans?
- Have they offered “bargain priced cleaning”?
- Do you know the person who is actually cleaning your premises or do you hand your keys over and hope for the best?
Busy Bees Cleaning have a $10,000,000 public liability insurance policy and is a must – as this is not a perfect world and issues can arise from time to time. All operators undergo a full background check. Fully trained and proven to be trusted over 25yrs. trusted.
PROFESSIONAL CLEANING SERVICES
Cleaners are skilled and have advanced cleaning knowledge. We use commercial cleaning products for bathrooms and kitchens – We match the products to the cleaning schedule requirements.
Typical cleaning routine for a business with a general cleaning schedule.
- Check all Rubbish bins – empty and replace liners. Remove disposable rubber gloves
- Clean or glass doors and waiting room areas
- With new rags – clean all work stations
- Kitchen cleaning – start with emptying dishwasher, with new cloths + commercial cleaning products start cleaning table, then move to counter tops, wipe down front of appliances and kitchen cabinets then scrub down sink and polish chrome.
- Bathroom & Toilets – With new Gloves, start cleaning all mirrors, hand dryers then sinks, then full toilet clean.
- Vacuuming all areas
- Mop the kitchen with steam mop or hot water with disinfectant
- Mop bathrooms very last with a dedicated mop
CLEANING SERVICE WITH NO PROPER TRAINING
Other cleaning companies with little to no experience will start in the kitchen, then move to bathrooms – toilets then sinks with possibly same cleaning rags, then move to workstations, rubbish bins, vacuum then mop – some will start mopping bathroom first!! For some reason they clean other homes and businesses in a way that gets my head shaking as they would not clean their own home in this manner – well I hope not;
Cross contamination can be a huge issue and I have personally see cleaners use 2-3 rags for the entire clean. There is no professional cleaning service that can create a hygienic, healthy environment without dedicated cleaning supplies and cloths for every area.
Honestly, you can make an office or home look clean but it DOES NOT mean that it is is clean – that is the major difference.
A Professional cleaner is trained and obligated to provide the high standards that not only commercial and residential customers deserve but the industry demands.
Ask your cleaner their systematic approach to your business or home, ask if they have insurance, ask if they are the actual cleaner or if not will the cleaner be the same every clean. Do they use the same mop for a local tavern then come straight to your premises and use the same mop? Is there hygiene practices and a plan in place to make sure cleaning equipment is clean and of a high standard or do they use one mop for 10 different buildings or homes.